Workshop-conference of scientific community on international scientific, technical and educational cooperation
1,126 total views, 4 views today
1-3 December 2015 – Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia (Moscow) held a workshop-conference of scientific community on international scientific, technical and educational cooperation supported by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation.
Representatives of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation, the Federal Agency for the Commonwealth of Independent States, Compatriots Living Abroad, and International Humanitarian Cooperation (Rossotrudnichestvo), the Federal Migration Service of Russia and other authorities and universities took part in the workshop-conference. The welcome speech was given by the Deputy Minister of Education Veniamin Kaganov and the Rector of Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia Vladimir Filippov.
The Director of the International Department at Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation Nikolai Toivonen, the Deputy Director of Rossotrudnichestvo Dmitry Guzhelya and Division Head of the Department for Government Policy in Higher Education of the Ministry of Education and Science Anastasia Mikhel took part in the seminar.
In the framework of the conference plenary discussions and round tables were organized. The following challenging issues were discussed:
- International potential of a Russian university as a necessary source of innovative development and competitive power of the country at the global scale.
- The issues of education services export strategy of Russian universities in the context of the internationalization of Russian education. Update of the objects of foreign specialist training in the Russian education system in the modern context.
- International cooperation of Russian universities as a factor of Russian soft power on the way towards developing of the multipolar world in the context of the new challenges (and threats).
- The challenging issues of the improvement of quality, attractiveness and competitiveness of the Russian education system at the global and regional scale.
- Migration legislation of Russian Federation in terms of acceptance and education of foreign citizens – problems and solutions.
The Vice-Rector for International Affairs of SUAI Dr. Konstantin Losev and the Head of the Department for International Cooperation Olesya Karelova participated in the discussions of the conference.