2,369 total views, 2 views today
22 October, 2015 held the Russian-Finnish Roundtable “Cross-Cultural Communication – Education – Business – Through the Lens of Cooperation between Turku University of Applied Sciences and Saint- Petersburg State University of Aerospace Instrumentation” at St. George’s Hall, Chesme Palace, SUAI.
The event was organized by Saint-Petersburg State University of Aerospace Instrumentation and Turku University of Applied Sciences with the support of the Administration City of Turku, Turku-centre in St. Petersburg and the Russian-Finnish Chamber of Commerce in the framework of the business program of “Turku Days in Saint-Petersburg 2015”.
The welcoming speeches were made by Mikko Lohikoski , Senior Adviser to the Mayor of Turku, Central Administration, and Mika Akkanen, Head of the Department of Protocol and External Relations of the Administration of Turku.
Panel discussion focused on three main areas:
- Economic Perspectives of International Cooperation in Science and Education.
- Entrepreneurship in the Field of Creative Industries as a Tool of Integration of R&D Activities in Business Community.
- Cross-Cultural Communication as an Instrument for Business Cooperation.
Honorary guests included:
- Kauko Jamsen – Consul General of Finland in St. Petersburg (2001-2005), General Director of Turku-centre in St. Petersburg (2013-2015), the Ambassador
- Yulia A. Antokhina – Rector of SUAI
- Konstantin V. Losev – Vice-Rector of International Affairs of SUAI, Dean of the Faculty of Humanities
- Juhani Soini – Vice-Rector of TUAS
- Teppo Laaksonen – Manager of Business development, Science Park of Turku
- Tero Kahri – Project Manager, Science Park of Turku
- Darja V. Akhutina – General Director of NGO “Association for Cooperation with the Countries of the Baltic Sea Region “Norden”
The event was also attended by representatives, teachers and students of both universities.